27.9.07

Injured Ricardinho tells Cisse: I´m suing

Besiktas's Brazilian midfielder Ricardinho announced Thursday his intention to sue Marseille's Djibril Cisse for a tackle that has left him facing two months on the sidelines.

Ricardinho was taken off in the 44th minute in last week's Champions League opening group tie at the Velodrome after Cisse's 25th minute tackle which resulted in a freekick for the Turkish side.

And in Friday's edition of France Football magazine the Brazilian claims the France international wilfully set about to injure him.

"Because of my injury I can't play for two months and so I won't be paid. Cisse wanted to injure me and he succeeded. But I'm going to take legal action against him."

The 31-year-old added: "The Marseille players played like butchers. They noticed that I was the playmaker and they did everything to take me out and Cisse succeeded."

Besiktas coach Ertugrul Saglam also maintained Marseille, who won the game 2-0, had overstepped the mark.

"There was a World Cup rugby match a few days before in Marseille, they must have confused the rules," he said.

(Courtesy: www.soccerway.com)

No comments: